CASQE, located within the central Student & Academic Services at All Saints, functions as the administrative arm of the Academic Board’s Academic Quality and Standards Committee. It is responsible for the maintenance of academic standards, the promotion of quality enhancement, and secretarial support for the Academic Quality and Standards Committee and its sub-committees.
The role of CASQE is to:
- Develop and implement policy which enables the University to assure itself about the quality and standards of programmes leading to its awards;
- Support the quality management of the University’s taught provision in ways which promote development and improvement;
- Provide a central resource and advice service for faculty and departmental staff;
- Co-ordinate with other central services such as the Centre for Learning and Teaching, Strategic Planning & Management Information, and the Research, Enterprise and Development Office;
- Assist in the development of new programmes and the review of existing provision;
- Oversee the Continuous Monitoring and Improvement process;
- Encourage and facilitate the full participation of students in the University’s academic quality management procedures;
- Maintain and regularly review the University’s Academic Policies, Curriculum Frameworks and Institutional Codes of Practice
- Ensure that the requirements of external quality and standards bodies such as QAA and PSRBs are addressed;
- Preparation, co-ordination and assistance for external audits and reviews;
- Oversee and support collaborative provision and academic partnership;
- Administer the University’s arrangements for external examining;
- Provide secretariat support for the Academic Quality and Standards Committee and its sub committees.