Most forms on this page are downloadable in three formats (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat PDF).
Due to some file types you may need to open them using a different web browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Many of them are designed to be completed, saved and sent electronically and therefore the Microsoft Word or Excel versions should be used.
If you don’t have these programs installed on your computer, tablet or mobile device you can view or print them using the PDF version.
If you can’t open the PDF versions you’ll need to install pdf reader software.
Forms marked * are only available to MMU Staff using a computer connected to the University network.
Please find all the documentation you will need when you are planning to recruit to a new or vacant position, make changes to an existing one or request cover on a temporary basis.
Please note that the ECF form replaces the Post Approval System and should be used with immediate effect for all areas.
- ECF Process download pdf
- ECF1 (Establishment Control Form) download excel
Job Description Templates & Guidance
- Guidance on writing Job Descriptions & Person Specifications download pdf
- Standard Job Description & Person Specification Template download pdf word
In addition to the standard job description & person specification template we also have a range of generic templates for different job families. They can be used as a basis for writing a new job description or updating an existing one.
We are working on producing a range of templates for all areas of the University, and as they are completed they will be added to this page. Please find the current versions below.
Senior Staff Templates
- Academic Head of Department download word
Academic Templates (Teaching)
Academic Templates (Research)
- Research Assistant download pdf word
- Senior Research Assistant download pdf word
- Research Associate (Pre Doctoral)download pdf word
- Research Associate download pdf word
- Research Fellow download pdf word
Contribution Zone Scheme
Please find below the Contribution Zone Scheme and relevant guidance notes.
All eligible employees have now been written to (by email or post) and supplied with a personal application form to use should they wish to apply.
If you have not received notification, and you believe yourself to be eligible, you should contact the Reward & Planning Team on 0161 247 6015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For all Employees:
- Contribution Zone Scheme download pdf
Staff in grades 1 to 7 should download the following documentation
- Guidance Notes for Grades 1 - 7 download pdf
Staff in grades 8 and above should download the following documentation
- Guidance Notes for Grades 8 and above download pdf
To view and download copies of your Role Profile or Competency Document please click here.
Please find below the fact sheet and scheme rules for the Car Parking Permit scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice Fact sheet and Scheme Rules download pdf
Recruitment and Selection Forms
- Academic Application form download pdf word
- Additional Personal Information form download pdf word
- Candidate Assessment form* download pdf word
- CRB Self-Declaration form download pdf
- Exit Interview form* download pdf word
- External Agency Request form download word
- Interview Preparation form* download pdf word
- Non-teaching Application form download pdf word
- Shortlisting form* download pdf word
- Discretionary Starting Salary Form download word
- Evidence of the Right to Work in the UK download pdf
Organisation Development and Training Forms
- Course booking form download word
- Expression of interest download pdf word
- Post-development Evaluation download pdf
- Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) Form download word
- Learning Agreement download pdf
Professional Development Review (PDR)