Sports Volunteering provides you with a great opportunity to learn new skills, improve your self confidence, meet new people and gain valuable work experience to help you build your CV.
So why not spare a few hours each week to volunteer and make a difference?
You can get involved in a number of roles ranging from coaching, marketing, sports events or administrative duties. This can be through our links with local schools, local sports clubs or with the local authorities of Manchester City Council and Cheshire East Council.
Opportunities are available through links with our partner agencies:
- Manchester Sports Volunteer Bureau
- Cheshire East Council’s Leisure & Play Development Team
To register and look for volunteering opportunities in sport plus job and work experience vacancies contact:
Tel: 0161 247 5309
Tel: 0161 247 5683
Frequently Asked Questions
I've never volunteered before, can anyone do it?
Yes, anyone can volunteer. You don't need any skills or qualifications to begin sports
volunteering and you don't need to be good at sport. You just need enthusiasm,
commitment and be willing to work as part of a team. If you have any qualifications
or experience already, please let us know. Volunteering is just as much about enjoying
yourself as helping others.
How many hours will I need to do?
You can do as much or as little as you like to fit around your life. Most volunteers give
about 1 -2 hours a week. The more you put into volunteering the more you get out of
it. Training is available for completing minimum hours so log hours towards gaining
What's in it for me?
- Experience of working with a variety of people from within the local community
- Giving something back' to the local communities of Manchester or Cheshire
- Providing them with a quality volunteer from the MMU student population
- Gain a range of skills and work experience to help build your CV and improve your employability