skip to content | Accessibility Information

How do I? Car Parking

Questions for Car Parking:

  • How do I request a car parking permit?

    You should apply for a permit within the application window, which is September to mid October. Go to our Staff Travel pages for information regarding permit application.

    Our Travel Plan Manager will consider your application if there has been a significant change of circumstance. Please email  the Travel Team detailing your change of circumstance.

    If you’re a new starter, contact the Travel Team to arrange your permit application.

    updated 2011-02-24 11:36:00

  • How do I book a cark parking space for a visitor?

    Please go to the Visitor Car Parking section of our staff travel website.

    updated 2011-02-24 11:36:00

  • Can I park on campus without a parking permit?

    No, all MMU campus car parks require both staff and students to have a valid car parking display permit.

    updated 2011-02-24 11:36:00

  • When do parking charges apply?

    Car parking charges are between the hours of 7am and 5pm Monday – Friday. Currently, no charge applies at weekends.

    updated 2011-02-24 11:36:00

  • How do I find out about car parking at MMU?

    Visit our Staff Travel web pages or contact the Travel Team.

    updated 2011-02-24 11:36:00

  • When are car parks open?

    Car parks are accessible when buildings are open which can vary from site to site. Please visit ‘Your Building’ on MMU’s staff pages for opening and closing times.

    updated 2011-02-24 11:36:00

  • I normally walk to work, but occasionally need my car to visit other sites and take heavy items to my place of work. What do I do?

    You can book a visitors space for such occasions. Please go to the Visitor Car Parking section of our staff travel website for more information.

    updated 2011-02-24 11:36:00

  • How do I contact the Travel Team?

    Email or telephone 0161 247 2989

    updated 2013-05-21 12:39:08

  • Do I need a permit for a motorbike or cycle?
    No, designated on-site areas are provided for motorbikes and cycles.

    updated 2014-03-20 13:39:42

  • I am disabled, but do not have a blue badge. What do I do?

    Some members of staff may not be Blue Badge holders but still have recognised mobility impairments that make travelling by car essential. It may be that this has been recognised in the past by the University and reasonable adjustments made on their behalf, i.e. awarding a car park pass. If individuals believe this is the case, they should indicate this in the criteria section of the application form and provide supporting medical evidence.

    updated 2011-02-24 11:36:00

  • How do I register to be a Car Sharer?
    You can do this by going to MMU Staff Travel web pages.

    updated 2011-02-24 11:36:00

  • How do I apply for a joint permit because I job share?

    It will be necessary for both job sharers to apply separately to ensure they both meet the allocation criteria.

    updated 2011-02-24 11:36:00