skip to content | Accessibility Information

Tuition Fees

What will they cost?
The tuition fees you are charged will depend on the course you are studying, the level you are studying i.e. Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG), your mode of study; full -time or part-time, and when you enrolled on your course. All University tuition fees can be found on our online prospectus


The table below details the fees for home* and EU students for 2017/18

*(The level of tuition fee you will pay varies depending on factors such as your nationality and which country you are resident in). You can find further details in the UKCISA Guidance notes)


Continuing Students (enrolled prior to September 2017)

New Students enrolling 2017/18

Full time Undergraduate degree






Foundation degree



Placement year



The fees for International students (non EU students) are different to those outlined above, please see the International pages for details or refer to the Finance Division web pages at:


Can I get help with my fees?
You may be able to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan. If you qualify you usually won’t have to pay anything back until you’ve left your course and you’re earning. You must apply for this support before you come to University. Details regarding funding and the application process can be found on the Student Finance England website.


How do I Pay?
If you qualify for a Tuition Fee Loan your fees will be paid to the University on your behalf. If you are paying your own fees details and regulations on the payment of fees can be found at:

Any queries regarding the payment of your fees should be directed to the Student Billings team who you can email at: or telephone on 0161 247 2937 Monday – Friday 8.45am – 4.30pm.

Please also refer to the Student Finance Information FAQs at: for any other fee queries you may have.


Please be aware that any change to your course of study (e.g. if you are planning to transfer courses/universities, drop out of university, or take any time out of your course) may affect your entitlement to assistance with tuition fees. Please seek advice from your Student Support Officer, the Student Financial Support Team or the Student Union Advice Centre.