We have developed a dynamic approach to managing our activities and estate. It’s an exciting time with the construction of new buildings and the refurbishment of existing ones.
We are committed to sustainability and we support the reduction of the environmental and social impacts of conference and meeting activity.
We are proud that:
- We are a leading University in the Carbon Reduction Commitment Performance League Table
- We are introducing ‘Active Energy’ an automatic system to monitor energy targets
- We have extensive recycling facilities : tonnes of waste diverted from landfill
- We have Installed ‘cool slab’ flooring reducing MMU’s carbon footprint by 47.2 tonnes
- Our rooms are illuminated with energy efficient, daylight sensitive and proximity controlled lighting
- We have consolidated and unified printing, scanning and copying solutions
- We support solutions for ethical and sustainable procurement
- We are looking at converting waste cooking oils from our kitchens to bio fuel
- We promote greener travel options through a sustainable travel plan
- We will have the highest concentration of green roofs in a City Centre area of this size in the UK
- We have installed photovoltaic panels producing over 100,000kWh per year, saving 63 tonnes of CO2
How Green is your Event?
Talk to our conference and events coordinators about how we can help you to meet your green objectives.