skip to content | Accessibility Information

How do I?

The most popular question in each category is:

  • Asset Management
    How do I view drawings and floor plans of the University’s buildings?

    The University building directory, managed by the Strategic Asset Management Team in the Estates Directorate, is available here - Strategic Asset Management Portal. For further information please contact Jamie Jamieson on ext 1245 or email

    updated 2014-03-20 09:34:23

  • Building Refurbishment and Adaptations
    How do I order or replace furniture?
    You can now order furniture using P2P. Visit the Business Support page for more information.

    updated 2008-10-31 11:15:59

  • Business Support
    How do I update Estates and Facilities staff information?

    Please complete the Updating Staff Information form to let us know about changes to staff contact details – this could be new starters and leavers, changes to contact numbers or amendments to your organisational chart. For more information, visit Business Support.

    updated 2015-01-06 16:15:23

  • Catering & Hospitality
    How do I book hospitality for internal meetings?

    Please use the online hospitality ordering system. For more information, see our hospitality menu or contact the relevant Campus Catering Manager for information regarding hospitality or the Business Support Team (ext 3665) for any queries regarding the system.

    updated 2008-09-23 15:01:59

  • Cleaning
    Do Facilities clean my computer?

    Our cleaners are instructed not to touch your computer as we do not wish to disturb what could be a vital word document or spreadsheet, for example.

    Cleaning computer equipment is considered to be a personal responsibility of staff across the University.

    updated 2008-09-23 15:17:08

  • Courier Service
    What are the charges for booking the driver courier service?
    Please see the driver booking form for charges.

    updated 2014-05-19 15:03:16

  • Environment Team
    How do I contact the Environment Team?

    Go to our Contact page.

    updated 2011-03-03 15:06:05

  • Mail Service
    How to order pre-paid envelopes and where do I get them from?
    To obtain pre-paid envelopes please contact the Central Mail Team on 0161 247 3421 or email We will need your department name and budget code to recharge the envelope service costs. All envelopes will be returned to our office where they will be counted and sent on to you. This counting is for recharge purposes.

    updated 2011-03-03 15:06:05

  • MMU Conference and Events
    How do I book rooms for my event at MMU?

    The Conference and Events team has a wealth of knowledge about meeting and events spaces across all MMU campuses. As a central service we book space and facilities for both internal and external commercial and high profile conferences and events working with service departments across MMU to develop standards to deliver quality events.

    Get in touch:

    Tel:ext   1565
    Twitter:   @mmuconference


    updated 2016-05-18 16:03:38

  • MMU Sport
    How much do the facilities cost to use?

    All MMU sports facilities are available at subsidised rates for students and staff. Further information is available on the Sport website.

    updated 2008-10-30 16:22:17

  • Portering
    I want to move offices. How do I arrange this?

    Please contact your Facilities Team Leader who will arrange for the team to assist your move.

    updated 2008-10-31 12:17:22

  • Reception
    How do I contact Reception?

    Please visit either the staff or students pages and select the appropriate building from the menu provided.

    updated 2008-10-31 12:43:44

  • Repairs and Minor Alterations
    I need to report a fault/request a repair. How do I do this?

    The helpdesk can arrange the repair of any emergency or general maintenance issues, including the replacement of light bulbs. We aim to repair all urgent faults within 24 hours. These are faults which may compromise the health and safety of staff, students or visitors.

    Please contact the Helpdesk on ext 2882 or at

    updated 2008-10-30 15:50:13

  • Room Booking
    How do I book a room for an internal meeting training session etc?

    The following link will take you to the MMU Room Booking System where you can find a room to meet your requirements
    For external events and conferences, visit the Venues for Events site.

    updated 2010-12-23 09:41:00

  • Security
    I’m working late at All Saints Campus and don’t feel safe going to get transport home. Can security help?

    Yes. Contact Ext. 1334 to arrange for security to escort you to your transport. Please state where you wish to be collected, where you want to go to and what time you would like security to arrive to escort you.

    updated 2008-09-23 15:01:11

  • Student Accommodation
    How can I find out what student accommodation MMU has to offer?

    Please visit the Accommodation website to find out about student accommodation in both Manchester and Cheshire campuses.

    updated 2008-09-23 15:09:42

  • Temporary ID Cards
    I’ve already got my number from IT - how do I get my card made?

    Visit the Business Support website to find links to the new form.

    updated 2014-05-19 14:46:47

  • Transport
    How do I hire vehicles?

    We are able to hire vehicles for staff to use on MMU business. Please email or forward the proforma to The Travel Team, Old Student Union or email to request this service.

    To use this service, the driver must:

    • Be minimum 25 years of age
    • Be able to show a valid driving licence.


    updated 2008-10-30 16:41:16

  • Travel
    How do I find out about getting a discount on travel?

    Visit our Staff Travel web pages or contact the Travel Team

    updated 2011-02-24 11:44:00

  • Waste & Recycling
    Submit an on-line Waste and Recycling Collection Form?
    You can submit an on-line Waste and Recycling Collection Form by going to

    updated 2011-06-22 10:54:56

Last 5 questions added:

  • Waste & Recycling
    How do I recycle CDs and DVDs?

    If the CDs or DVDs contain student work or any personal details, these need to be disposed of as confidential waste. Please refer to the ‘How do I dispose of confidential waste?’ question on this page for guidance.

    If you are unsure or have any queries please contact the Waste and Recycling team at

    updated 2013-02-27 09:29:00

  • Waste & Recycling
    How do I recycle printer cartridges?

    Please use the printer cartridge recycling boxes located next to the university printers. If these are full please contact Print Services on ext. 3422 (Manchester) or ext. 5576 (Cheshire).

    updated 2011-03-03 15:06:05

  • Temporary ID Cards
    I’ve got an ID card, how do I set up my IT account?
    This is automatically set up when your card is created. You can obtain your password from Business Support.

    updated 2014-05-19 14:55:37

  • Temporary ID Cards
    Can you send a temp ID card to a home address?

    No, for security reasons ID cards can only be sent to University addresses or collected in person from the Services Business Support Team, Cavendish North Building.

    updated 2014-05-19 14:58:37

  • Temporary ID Cards
    I’ve already got my number from IT - how do I get my card made?

    Visit the Business Support website to find links to the new form.

    updated 2014-05-19 14:46:47